Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Saturday October 6 2007 - Maui day 2

As we learned on the 5th, it turns out the tenders DO run all night! They ran every hour from the ship all night long and returned every 1/2 hour. Don't know why RC couldn't have told me this when I asked. Surely they knew when the tenders were scheduled to run. Sigh! I guess they were worried about the possibility that it would be too rough to tender.

Anyhow, I missed my first awesome choice for an early early morning snorkel with Blue Water Rafting,

but instead I chose the Hawaiian Ocean rafting http://www.islandstarexcursions.com/rafting.html



And here's what we saw as the raft passed our cruise ship:




If you look really carefully you can see the back corner of the cruise ship in the top right hand corner. But look at those dolphins!




And just a few miles from that spot we encountered some more dolphins. I couldn't get a really good shot of them but this pic shows one of them jumping out of the water. WAYYYY better than anything you'd see at Seaworld.


And we're only on our way to the snorkel site.






and imagine my excitement when i saw this spotted eagle ray. I overheard someone saying they saw one, but I figured there was no way it would swim towards me.
Dad: Don't worry I'm sure he would not have harmed me. I stayed at the top of the water and he stayed well below me so there was absolutely no danger.




We didn't make it to Kaanapali for snorkeling, as we decided to do some shopping at the shops right around the pier. It was a lot of fun and we saw a lot of art galleries. We had to make sure we could get back to the boat and cleanup from snorkeling and then head back to shore for the 'old lahaina luau'. Karen found this one for us. Here's the website http://www.oldlahainaluau.com/index_main.html


It was a great show. The food was great and the drinks were great and plentiful! And the entertainment was FANTASTIC! And the Steve and Ron had their pictures taken with the hula girls to torture Ron (their boss) with. I guess calling and have the 4 of us saying 'Aloha Ron' just wasn't enough.
We stayed out for some more walking around of the shops before heading back to the ship.

No comments: